Acronis Bsod"s Comp Occasionally!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fishmaster, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fishmaster,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Is your operating system Windows Vista SP2? If so then try to do the following. Disable Try and Decide service and see if the issue persists. Right-click My Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Services -> Find Acronis Try and Decide Service and disable it. Let us know the results.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

2. TomTinsley

TomTinsley Registered Member

Actually Try and Decide is not running on my machine. Only "Acronis OS Selector Reinstall Service" and "Acronis Scheduler2 Service" is in Services.

3. fishmaster

fishmaster Registered Member

Mine either...is not running and have never used it...Of course I never use the 'scheduler' per say. But as with every software that goes bloat...one HAS to have multiple services that take up space. energy and resources...

After the two silly emails I got from the 'scripted kiddy' support team ironically contradicting themselves. Proving they have no clue to what is really going on nor understand despite simple dump files and somone spelling it out to them....I am a little bit ~Snip~ off at incompetence and wasting my tome with ATI:thumbd:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  4. pag78

pag78 Registered Member

I am also having the same problem. I do not have Try and decide running in services and before I updated to SP2 I couldn't even uninstall this product.

Tech support is absolutely worthless as I have not received a reply back since earlier this week and while exporting photos out of Lightroom I recieved BSOD's numerous times. What a pile of s***!

5. fishmaster

fishmaster Registered Member

We are still waiting for a fix...because aint nothing like loosing the ability to use thumb drives in a computer because of a rouge driver ATI managed to deploy in their 'update'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.