Acronis Bootable CD do nothing....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by haroov, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haroov

haroov Registered Member

I have made Acronis Bootable CD Restore (True Image v.9.1)
    the computer start's up there is a screen of acronis and then...
    on the top left of the screen it is written:
    "loading. Please wait..."

BUT nothing happened for 3 houres...

how can I resolve it o_O

Thx.,
    Liav :'(

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Does 9.1 allow you to boot in "safe" mode?
    Have you tried "safe" mode?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Liav,

If not already done, try the acpi=off noapic workaround detailed in the Acronis Support thread titled <PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST>.

Regards

4. kpinkert

kpinkert Registered Member

"Safe Mode" probably means BIOS default fail-safe setup. I have a machine that will start to boot but stop just like the original post. This machine did not have ACPI (or APCI, whichever it is...). But I was able to get around the lock up by setting the BIOS to the default fail-safe setting. This is usually found in the last menu under the BIOS...

Kevin

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The TI boot CD can run in 2 modes, Full and Safe. Full is a linux environment with USB and other drivers included. Safe is apparently DOS and it relies on DOS and BIOS routines for supporting the devices which on many MBs means no USB. Safe will allow USB support on some MBs, probably newer ones.

I have posted in the past where a system I had wouldn't run in Full but would run in Safe. For other reasons, I updated the BIOS which was many versions out of date and TI Full began working. Recently, I have started to wonder whether the BIOS update really fixed the TI Full problem or whether it was really because I had to reset the BIOS to default settings after refreshing it. I have no idea what the actual settings were before I updated it; it was the way it came from the store and I never looked at them.

6. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

You probably just set the Drive Boot up procedure to default. Meaning, it'll check the floppy disc, DVD-Rom, and then the SATA or IDE Hard Drive before booting into Windows.

Because a BIOS flash update usually solves many problems, I prefer to Reinstall Windows XP after flashing the update.
    But then again....I'm a "Windows Re-install-Aholic!
    I've perfected the Art of it.:D
    I'll Reinstall it... just to do it.:oops:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello haroov,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

If the workaround described in Acronis Help Post ("acpi=off noapic" parameter) did not help please boot your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD once again and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Also please make sure that the bootable CD created with the latest build of of the software. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.