Acronis Backup-file signature to find lost file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by archipel, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archipel

archipel Registered Member

hi there,

i'm trying to find/recover a backup-file(*.tib).
    to find this kind of file ontrack easy recovery asks me for a data signature
    in hexadecimal max. 8 Byte long( 3E 00 63 68 44 .... for example). ontrack supports 255 files but no tib-file.
    so i have to search for a custom signature.

maybe someone here has an idea, i really could use some help in this case

PLEASE HELP ME

THANKS

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Do you mean you kept the file on a hard drive, but now you cannot see it?

3. archipel

excuse me, i'll try to explain.
    i made a backup of my girlfriends systempartition, her hdd as an external connected to my notebook, backup with acronis and the file saved to my hdd.
    now i forgot that there is this .tib-file on my harddisk, then i recovered my sytem, after installation the system didn't recognize the 2nd and the 3rd partition on my hdd, in the harddisk maintainence all three partitions were shown without faults.
    so i deleted these two partitions and just made the second one like it was before to install some programms, before i created the third partition again i reminded that there was this image.
    now yesterday the hdd of my girlfriend broke and she ordered a new one and i can't find this backup-file.
    so i tried to recover it with ontrack easy recovery, but this nice tool finds everything but not this tib-file.
    this file must be in the unpartitioned space and easy to find with a signature.

there is the possibilty to give the raw recovery of ontrack custom signatures,
    it supports 255 file-types(255 file-signatures), so i need a signature of a *.tib-file in form of a hexstring with max. 8 bytes(like 3E 44 68 00 FF and so on) and in the best case a startadress relative to 0 and smaller as 512.
    so i made a backup os two or three files to find similar strings but i dont know how to open these files in a way that their code is shown in hexadecimal.

maybe you can help me

4. archipel

I need this hexstring or i maybe loose my girl :)
    no fun at all

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Find a new girlfriend.

After you recovered your system, you overwrote the files that were on the hard drive. No one but the CIA has a prayer of getting those files back.

6. archipel

i don't overwrote it, i just deleted the partition, the file i'm searching for is in an unpartitioned area of my hdd, i even don't formatted it.

the new girlfriend would not be as great as my current girl is.
    excuse my bad english,

CIA: her old hdd i made a backup of, was formatted and new installed with win xp pro, and i recovered or ontrack recovered 6 of 18 GB data of the old installation, AND I THINK the cia could do some more to get these files back.
    ontrack found files that were formatted more than once and are 2 years old.

but thank you for your idea with the new girlfriend,
    are you a social worker or is your business really IT.

someone else with a nice idea like that.

would appreciate more serious ideas to find this shitty backup-file
    THANK YOU ALL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.