Acronis Backup-file signature to find lost file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by archipel, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archipel

archipel Registered Member

hi there,

i'm trying to find/recover a backup-file(*.tib).
    to find this kind of file ontrack easy recovery asks me for a data signature
    in hexadecimal max. 8 Byte long( 3E 00 63 68 44 .... for example). ontrack supports 255 files but no tib-file.
    so i have to search for a custom signature.

maybe someone here has an idea, i really could use some help in this case

PLEASE HELP ME

THANKS

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Do you mean you kept the file on a hard drive, but now you cannot see it?

3. archipel

excuse me, i'll try to explain.
    i made a backup of my girlfriends systempartition, her hdd as an external connected to my notebook, backup with acronis and the file saved to my hdd.
    now i forgot that there is this .tib-file on my harddisk, then i recovered my sytem, after installation the system didn't recognize the 2nd and the 3rd partition on my hdd, in the harddisk maintainence all three partitions were shown without faults.
    so i deleted these two partitions and just made the second one like it was before to install some programms, before i created the third partition again i reminded that there was this image.
    now yesterday the hdd of my girlfriend broke and she ordered a new one and i can't find this backup-file.
    so i tried to recover it with ontrack easy recovery, but this nice tool finds everything but not this tib-file.
    this file must be in the unpartitioned space and easy to find with a signature.

there is the possibilty to give the raw recovery of ontrack custom signatures,
    it supports 255 file-types(255 file-signatures), so i need a signature of a *.tib-file in form of a hexstring with max. 8 bytes(like 3E 44 68 00 FF and so on) and in the best case a startadress relative to 0 and smaller as 512.
    so i made a backup os two or three files to find similar strings but i dont know how to open these files in a way that their code is shown in hexadecimal.

maybe you can help me

4. archipel

I need this hexstring or i maybe loose my girl :)
    no fun at all

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Find a new girlfriend.

After you recovered your system, you overwrote the files that were on the hard drive. No one but the CIA has a prayer of getting those files back.

6. archipel

i don't overwrote it, i just deleted the partition, the file i'm searching for is in an unpartitioned area of my hdd, i even don't formatted it.

the new girlfriend would not be as great as my current girl is.
    excuse my bad english,

CIA: her old hdd i made a backup of, was formatted and new installed with win xp pro, and i recovered or ontrack recovered 6 of 18 GB data of the old installation, AND I THINK the cia could do some more to get these files back.
    ontrack found files that were formatted more than once and are 2 years old.

but thank you for your idea with the new girlfriend,
    are you a social worker or is your business really IT.

someone else with a nice idea like that.

would appreciate more serious ideas to find this shitty backup-file
    THANK YOU ALL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.