Acronis afcdp.sys driver causes BSOD

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by amber18, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amber18

amber18 Registered Member

I have used ATIH for a number of years through its various versions, and am in general happy with the software for regular imaging. I recently decided to use the continuous data backup function, but have random BSOD events, and the culprit is the afcdp.sys driver. Other than giving up on using ATIH (2012) for CDP, is there any way of dealing with the crashes caused by its driver?
    Many thanks in anticipation for your always wise advice.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what other software do you have running at the same time, in particular security software. Run chkdsk just in case to check the drive

3. amber18

amber18 Registered Member

I appreciate the quick reply! It has been difficult to isolate any particular software running concurrently, as I am usually multi-tasking, and the crashes are completely random and happen about once a day. I have tried to take note of any particular programs open when the crashes happen. At the time, I usually am running one of my various Office programs (Outlook, Word, PPT or Excel), a browser (Firefox or IE), VIPRE Antivirus Premium, and various other programs which run in the background (e.g. Directory Opus).
    I will follow your advice and run chkdsk.
    With best wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.