Acronis 9 and SATA Controller

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blazinride, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blazinride

blazinride Registered Member

I have a computer that has a 80 GB boot drive, and a 250 GB data drive. I have stored the Acronis image of the 80 GB boot drive on the 250 GB boot drive that are both running off of the same SATA controller located on a ABIT UL8 AMD 939 core motherboard. The problem is that i cant image the 80 GB in windows, cause it boots off of the drive, and whenever i make a bootable disk from acronis, the only drive it can see is my old IDE hard drive that is used for emergency backups. Is there any way to load F6 drivers for the SATA controller so that i can first see the image stored on the 250 GB SATA drive, and then image it to the 80 GB SATA boot drive? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blazinride,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic and click on the OK button.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.