Acronis 9.1 Build 3,677 CRASHING my system repeatedly

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by D2P, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D2P

D2P Registered Member

Hello,

I am experiencing a terrible time with Acronis 9.1, most recently, I went to look at the build # so that I could write this post and it crashed my system hard just trying to close the Acronis program.

It is a Windows 2003 Server.

The last successful image was taken using trial software. I uninstalled that version and installed the most recent version as well as putting in a proper serial number. I have 2 identical other W2K3 servers running TI 9.1 fine. Only this one box has a problem and it crashes only for Acronis software, everything else seems to run fine (MCMS 2002, SQL Server 2000, IIS, etc.).

At a loss as to how to explain this to my boss or client. TI has been good to me up until this point, but if this can't get fixed obviously it's a deal killer.

Thanks,
    Charles

2. sreilly24590

sreilly24590 Registered Member

I can tell you that I'm having the same type of problem with Win XP Pro with all current updates. I do fine picking folders to update but when I go to back up I get the Blue Screen of Death. This is a brand new install. Hope someone can help us out. I haven't been able do any backups.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Charles and sreilly24590,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version (build 3677 for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows, build 3718 for Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows) available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing the latest build.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version then please do the following:

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;

- Go to Advanced tab;

- Press Startup and Recover Settings button;

- Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;

- Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and collect the mini-dumps created.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.