Acronis 9.0 Clone No Data Copied but appears to be successful

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tglacken, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tglacken

tglacken Registered Member

The clone process starts and completes within seconds indicating that a successful clone has been created. However, no data has been copied. I'm using a HP notebook with 100GB drive trying to clone to a USB 100GB drive. Win XP Pro with all updates. I have previously created and used a clone successfully. The drive I am trying to clone was a clone of a 60GB drive that I upgraded a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. twsf

twsf Guest

I am having the exact same problem. IBM T30 running Windows XP Pro SP2. Trying to clone (and then swap out) entire 40GB HD (two partitions - ~37GB main NTFS, 1.5GB hidden system restore FAT32 partition) to new 80GB HD in a drive case connected via USB.

Ran "Clone Disk" but kept getting "partition configuration has changed" error until I formatted the new HD via Windows, into a single ~75GB NTFS partition.

Then I again ran TI ver. 9, build 2,323. After a very few minutes of processing it told me it had successfully cloned BUT not a bit of data was transferred, nor was the drive (despite telling TI to wipe out existing data/partitions) changed from old single partition.

Some tech support please?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tglacken and twsf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please also check each partition of both source and destination hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem still persists after installing the update and checking the hard drives then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and try to perform the disk cloning process once more.

If that does not help then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please keep both source and destination hard drives connected while creating Acronis Report and Windows System Information.

- Try to perform the disk cloning process when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 and let us know the result.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. twsf

twsf Guest

I am unable to download the updates because your site does not allow me to. I am using the trial version (I'm not comfortble paying you until I know the software works) but the downloaded version is 2332 rather than the updated version and your site won't let me register a trial version and thus I can't download updates. What do you suggest we do?

5. TWSF

TWSF Guest

Why don't you make *the latest build (2337)* the version that's downloadable as a trial version on your web site?!? This is crazy...

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TWSF,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0 trial version is 2337. You can download it here.

If the problem still persists, please follow the instructions of Alexey Popov in the post above.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. totter

totter Guest

Hello, I have the same problem with cloning HDDs as tglacken and twsf but with two SATA disks. Built 2337 with latest drivers doesn`t help. Cloning from bootable rescue media works fine.

8. tglacken

tglacken Registered Member

I have downloaded release 2337 and reinstalled ATI but still get the same results when running from Windows. The application runs for less than a minute and provides a message stating the clone has been completed successfully. However, the usb target disk is empty.

I have also built a bootable disk using the latest build. It appears to start OK but does not show any progress. I let it run overnight to see if it would complete. The system still showed no progress and the power off button had to be used. All requested data has been forwarded to tech support via email.

9. twsf

twsf Guest

I finally got it to work, after updating the drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.