Acronis 8.0 DVD Backup issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gentle4ug, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentle4ug

gentle4ug Registered Member

I'm new to this board, but did notice that several people are having trouble burning backups to DVDs.

My problem was similar to everyone else's. Running 8.0 and Nero 6.3 with INCD4. I was receiving error messages as to the disc being full or damaged and it was impossible to burn to DVD.

While scanning my add/remove programs screen in control panel, I noticed a program called "gear drivers". An internet search revealed these drivers were left behind from a prior DVD burining program. I removed the drivers to no avail. Same error messages. Further research revealed that these drivers leave behind "gearsec.exe" which runs as a service at every reboot and communicates with the burner drive. A visit to the support section of www.gearsoftware.com revealed a tool to remove the "gearsec.exe" service. After removal and a reboot, my problem was solved.

The only small issue I have now is that DO NOT place a DVD into the drive until 8.0 asks for it and give it time to mount. I still have a glitch if I insert a DVD into the drive before 8.0 asks for one.

Hope this helps someone.

2. rrockingb

rrockingb Registered Member

That is good info to have thanks for posting cause it may just help someone else with this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.