Acronis 8.0 Build 826 Very fussy

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mrfearless47, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfearless47

mrfearless47 Guest

I continue to have problems with Acronis 8, build 826. Not only can I not get it to span multiple DVD+R disks (supported hardware, of course), it also gets extremely fussy with my Linux partition (ext2, FC 3). It doesn't report any error messages when the imaging fails on the second DVD+R in the series. It just isn't able to read the first DVD. (Yes, they are properly formatted with Roxio EZ Media Creator - drag to disk (latest version) and the second isn't much good without the first. But the newest wrinkle is that it seems to find errors (reported as partition inconsistencies) with my Linux main partition. I've run chkdsk on all the Windows partitions, fdsk on all the Linux partitions, and the IBM smart diagnostics on the drive. When Acronis barfs on this, I can't image anything - it just stops or wants to do a bit-by-bit imaging. Just for grins and giggles, I can get Symantec Ghost 9 to run and image the entire drive easily, but I HATE NG9. Moreover, if I unplug my portable USB drive from another machine, I can get Acronis to backup the entire drive to the portable harddrive. I just don't have the time to do this regularly, much less the space on the drive.

Any other reports of this kind of fussiness with DVD (+R, +RW). It is a SONY drive, brand new, and works with everything else.

Help please.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mrfearless47,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe what issue you have with DVD burning? What are your actions and what error you encounter?

As for the errors with Linux partition, could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to examine your hard disk and provide you with the possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.