Acronis 8.0 30 hours to make Image???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by erhayes, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erhayes

erhayes Registered Member

I'm running a Dell with 160 GB HD & 1 GB of memory. I've down loaded Acronis 8.0. I have made a backup boot Cd using the Acronis program. I have reformated 10 DVD-RW,4.7GB 4X disks. I followed the instructions to make a backup image. I attempted to make the backup of my 3 partitions labeled C pri NTFS@9.3 GB, FAT16 @7.33MB and FAT32@ 3.58GB. All Boxes including the top box were checked. Disk number 1 started and appeared to be going well and I noticed that 4 hours was listed as the time remaining. Now the big question. Every time I checked the time increased and after about 4 hours the time remaining had increased to "one day & 3 hours and the disk I started with is still apearently accepting data if I beleive the flashing lights on my tower. I stopped the exercise and come for help. Thankyou Ed Hayes Additional info. I reformated the DVD disks using Roxio drag to disk if that helps

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello erhayes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please try to create the image on your hard drive and tell us the time? Also please make sure Acronis Bootable CD is created with the latest build (859) of Acronis True Image. You can update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 859 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

If you use the latest build please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions). Please let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Has the problem with the Explore feature in build 859 now been fixed?

4. Acronis Support

Hello Chutsman,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The problem with the "Explore Image" wizard is solved and the fix will be implemented in the next build. It will be released soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. erhayes

Acronis customer service. I see so many problems being reported with build 859 that I hesate to download it. You say another build/fix is coming? Should I wait for the next build/update or do you think my problem with extraordinary image record time will be fixed if I update to build 859 now? If the Acronis software (build 859) is working correctly how long should I expect the download of 15 GB of computer Image to take using DVDs 4.7Gb with 4X? Thank You. Ed Hayes

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That sounds like it ought to take two DVDs, so less than an hour give or take.

If you can backup to a hard drive partition or even the same hard drive, you can get a check on whether the problem is just with the DVD drive or involves other hardware.

If you install Build 859 to test it, you can uninstall it and re-install an older build, so it's worth a try.

7. erhayes

Success is mine-I think. I downloaded the 859 build. Reformated 3 DVD 4.7 GB 8X disks and was able to Image 14.7 GB from C, Fat32 & FAT16 in about 1.8 hours on two DVD disks. That's quit an improvement when I tried the old build and quit at 30+ hours. I now must try to learn if the downloaded image is good and I don't know how to do that. Suggestionso_O Ed

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  8. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.