acer laptop travelmate 3212

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nick sb, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick sb

nick sb Guest

I've used true image 8 build 889 before; but can't seem to get my rescue media cd to load. I keep getting a blank black screen on my new acer laptop.

I tried to get it work with three newly created rescue media cds but no luck.

Can someone please help?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Download Build 937, the current build, create a new Recovery CD and try again. A new laptop may work with the latest drivers in 937.

3. Nick SB

Nick SB Guest

thanks - i did as you say but it still does not work.

Using the latest build I still get a blank black screen.
    It does boot to the cd and does display the acronis logo but then nothing....

o_Oo_O

4. Csizmazia

Csizmazia Guest

I have an Asus M3N notebook and a TI 8.0 937.
    It does boot to the cd and does display the acronis logo but then nothing....
    It is same as yours.

5. Csizmazia

Csizmazia Guest

I tried the boot disk on another computer and it works.

6. quickdraw

quickdraw Registered Member

I don't know if your situation is the same as mine, but I have a laptop as well a Toshiba M205 S810 Tablet, and it has an external DVD drive. At first I thought that there was a problem with mine as well, but it just took forever to boot up roughly 3 mins. but it booted. You may want to give it a while longer to boot before giving up on it. Remember TI is loading the whole program into memory and if your CD/DVD drive is relatively slow, then it'll take a while. Just a thought, hope it helps.

QD

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Nick SB and Csizmazia,

If not already done, check the Acronis Support Sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post> and try the acpi=off noapic workaround (note that it's spelt noapic not noacpi).

Regards

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nick SB and Csizmazia,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as Menorcaman has suggested.

If that does not help then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you will not be able to create a sysinfo.txt file for some reasons then please boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;

Please also download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.