Acer Aspire Hidden Partition Restoration

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slap204

slap204 Registered Member

hello 8 i have the sume problems with my acer aspire 8920 so have you got yous back to factory sitting yet :( :( :mad: :mad:

:(

2. slap204

slap204 Registered Member

hello all 8 i have the sume problems with my acer aspire 8920:mad: :mad: so can sume one help me get it back to factory sitting ?? plz plz

3. jlct021

jlct021 Registered Member

Acer Aspire 4315 / Windows Vista Home Basic

Attempting Factory Restore via Hidden PQservice Partition

Hard drive (C) prev formatted and Vista Reinstalled (somehow) but now corrupt due to Viruses / Addware / Spyware

PQservice Partition still present and in tact.

Have exhausted every suggestion offered on every forum / google search I have been able to find to no avail.

Namley:

(1) Disable D2D in bios / Unhide recovery partition / copy mbrwrwin.exe + rtmbr.bin to Route DIR / mbrwrwin install rtmbr.bin / re enable D2D in bios / reboot / Alt F10

Result = File:\windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because
    the application is missing and corrupt

(2) Unhide partition / Mark as active / reboot

Result = Nothing or same as above.

As an experiment I aslo made a clone of the PQservice Partition using Norton Ghost / Copied to another partition on another hard drive / Restored image / rebooted (on a separate machine) and got same result as above.

Viruses / Spyware problems have now been resolved and machine is in working state, reasons for wanting to continue now personal interest.

Please Advise / Extremely frustrated / thanks in advance.

4. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

the website for acer Europe is here and i would suggest that you do a system restore using the restore disks you should and were prompted to make if possible failing that you will have to contact acer and they will supply you with your restore disks. please note their may be a charge for this service
    acer europe drivers and bios
    http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads.html

acer drivers and bios for the usa
    http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do;...tx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=3529792491

5. jlct021

Acer Aspire 4315 / Windows Vista Home Basic

Have exhausted all suggestions offered on every forum / Google search I have been able to find to no avail.

Namley:

(1) Disable D2D in bios / Unhide recovery partition / copy mbrwrwin.exe + rtmbr.bin to Route DIR / mbrwrwin install rtmbr.bin / re enable D2D in bios / reboot / Alt F10

Result = File:\windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because
    the application
    is missing and corrupt

(2) Unhide partition / Mark as active / reboot

Result = Same as above.

Please Advise / Extremely frustrated / thanks in advance

6. jlct021

Thanks for the suggestion (re restore disks) and sorry for double post.

Client has no restore disks to speak of.

7. NICK ADSL UK

well then I'm afraid he will need to speak with acer and get some as it's impossible to achieve what your requiring without those disks

8. maffe

maffe Registered Member

Hi,

I've been reading this thread as a last resort to get vista back to an acer computer. How ever, now Im stuck at the part where one needs to navigate to PQSERVICE partition. My knowledge of cmd commands are quite poor + the partition has no drive letter so I have no idea how to navigate there?

9. NICK ADSL UK

to navigate to this partition all you need do is to navigate to control panel / admin tools / computer management / disk management and then you will then see the drive and should be labeled as disk 0

Attached Files:

10. maffe

maffe Registered Member

Uhm yep this I know but unless I'm missing something important, its still just like your attachment image says but I have no way of accessing it? Only option that I have at disk management while clicking the partition is "help".

So how do I find those files needed from the partition?

11. NICK ADSL UK

well as this petition is secure you will need paragons Drive Backup 9.0 Free Edition to be able to look at that part of the disk and the limited things that you can do with it ?
    you cant do much and i would advise that you think carefully on how you wish to proceed and touching this partition is really not the way forward unless of course you have a purchased copy of windows in which case this partition is not needed and can be reclaimed

12. maffe

maffe Registered Member

Re: ACER ASPIRE HIDDEN PARTION RESTORATION

Nick, have you read this topic though? I'm trying this with these directions:

The bolded part is the problem.

13. NICK ADSL UK

understood. :)
    as for markymoo's advice i myself cannot add anything further as to what has already been posted. their are many scenario's that have been posted on this topic in many forums but that all revolve around what has already been posted here so regretfully i cant help
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1371195&postcount=3

14. NICK ADSL UK

hi maffe:)
    now i have managed to find a good guide and may be of help to you :doubt: it is 4 pages long but appears to have been successful

http://www.techsupportforum.com/har...51648-solved-2-93-gb-pqservice-partition.html

15. uncletravellingjim

uncletravellingjim Registered Member

I've just joined and I'm having some trouble starting a new post. I'ts another Acer related booting issue, so thought that I could add to this existing post.

I bought an Acer 5542 computer three months ago and had not created a back-up disk. I had also declined from registering with Acer.

Friday evening I registered with Acer, and Saturday morning my laptop failed to load. I had partitioned my drive to be able to dual boot Ubuntu as well as the pre-installed Windows 7.

F8 does not do anything, nor does alt-F10. Within 5 seconds of starting the word GRUB appears (as part of the GRUB loader) and then the PC restarts, and goes into a continuous loop. I can access the BIOS so that I can force it to boot from a CD/DVD.

Any idea's how I can get to the GRUB selection screen, or force one of my operating systems to load?

Acer kindly offered to sell me a recovery disk for £50/$80. Is this related to the timing of my registration??

16. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

use win7 disk to attempt repair
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.