Accidently Made a Typo When Going to a Website and Im Worried if Im Infected

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by sooflymami, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I tried to go to a site called "tumblr" but I have no clue how it was mispelled when I went to that site..it took me to some site wot rated yellow (checked wot rating after that happened) but the thing is that site took me straight to another website in 1 second which I do not remember the site was called..all I remember is the site starts with the letter B. I did both quick scan and full scan on Avast (scan pup off, there are FPs when turning that on from what I've heard) but no threat was found. I'm very worried..do you think I should be ok? Avast did not alert me or anything when I entered that site..I clicked the back button 3 times and it just kept taking me to that same websites that I don't know about.What should I do?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

My initial feeling is that you are probably ok. An orange WOT rating is still not red! (Thankfully!)

You also might do a full scan with the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

My reaction in cases like these is to close/shutdown the browser. Don't just close the tab or click the back button. Severing the connection is what you're after...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.