Access Violation in loading Mozilla Firefox Protection

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fbord2, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fbord2

fbord2 Registered Member

On one computer, SpywareBlaster works fine. However, on my laptop, the Internet Explorer "Protection Enabled" and Restricted Sites "Protection Enabled" went through in good fashion. However, when I went to Mozilla Firefox -- the last guy of the three -- I received the following error message upon clicking the Cookie Protection check box:

"Error: Access violation at 0x005F71C (tried to read from 0x064D038C), program terminated."

I did a clean uninstall of SpywareBlaster, including eliminating it in the windows registry. Then I did a clean re-install after rebooting. No success. The access violation error message still apears when trying to enable the Mozilla Firefox protection. Any ideas?

2. fbord2

fbord2 Registered Member

The thread before me is correct!! -- THE LATEST SPYBOT UPDATES DOWNLOAD FOLLOWED BY THE IMMUNIZATION STEP BOMBED OUT MY SPYWAREBLASTER ON THE COMPUTER THAT NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE!!!

3. dbones369

dbones369 Registered Member

Same problem. Recieve "Error: access violation at 0x005F71FC (tried to open- different code each time), program terminated" Can't seem to get protection on Firefox.

4. Tonto

Tonto Registered Member

Very same thing happened to me.I had just did a S+D update went to spywareblaster to update i think it did.Then was making sure all protection was enabled and got to Fireox and got this error Acess violation at 0x00571FC [tried to read from 0x050E0284],Program Terminated OK.Then it shut down.Uninstalled it but could not disable protection before hand.Kept shutting down.

Got a fresh copy and am getting exactly the same problem and came here.Was surprised to see others same problem but then not surprised what's up anybodyo_O

5. Tonto

Tonto Registered Member

Exactly

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. Tonto

Tonto Registered Member

Ronjor ya i caught that thanks...by the way nice avatar :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.