Access shared drives after installing Acronis True Image 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LPBob, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LPBob

LPBob Guest

Hello,

I have a home network installed to share files.
    2 pc (windows XP SP1 + TrueImage 8.0.) and one new (windows XP SP2).
    On my new pc I installed TrueImage 9.0. (the latest Free Trial Download).

But after the installation the new pc with the shared drives is not visible anymore on the other pc. I receive error message :
    "Not enough server storage is available to process this command."

When I remove TrueImage I can see the shared drives again and everything
    in the home network is working again.

I take a look at the the Microsoft Knowledge Base (http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;177078)
    I increase the IRPStackSize value in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters by 3.

But that does not function more.

Thanks,
    LP.

2. cerebus

cerebus Guest

I have my setting at 21 decimal. You might want to increase your value and see what happens.

3. LPBob

LPBob Guest

I has increased my value at 21 decimal. It works correctly. Thanks.

LP

4. omahajs

omahajs Registered Member

I have spent the past day trying to figure out why I could no longer access my shared files from my pocket pc on my WinXP Pro machine. After reading and trying several things, I thought of the only thing that has changed in the past few days - I installed True Image 9....

I uninstalled True Image, rebooted and without any other changes, I could once again see my shared files from my pocket pc. Frustrating.

I also had issues with my quick launch bar not starting after reboot and my start menu would become corrupted - too soon to see if those are fixed by the uninstall. Neither was an issue before installing True Image though.

Anyway, I hate to reinstall and have all of the same issues - Would the registry changes mentioned above help with the network issues I had? I had a different error message from my client - something about cannot access network share......

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello omahajs,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please be aware that if you are unable to access network shares, the problem is related to Microsoft Lanman Server which has a fixed limit on filters it supports. Since Acronis True Image 9.0 installs some filters to support backups, the total number of filters can exceed the server's limit.

Please take a look at this article in Microsoft Knowledge base in order to resolve the problem.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.