About XeroBank

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by markoman, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Oh wow I love that design. So this is Multiplexing? It makes it so much easier to imagine. Truly amazing!:thumb:

2. jonw

jonw Registered Member

But why Iceland what makes internet coming out of there so much better and secure?

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

I don't think that makes it better or more secure, but it does make it much more remote. They are in the middle of the atlantic, they have a population of a few hundred thousand, and their government is burning to the ground. I'm imagining nobody is wanting to pursue traffic there.

4. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Oh ok that makes sense will then if that's the case I would love to see a server in Iceland.

5. Klaus_1250

Klaus_1250 Registered Member

But a large number of countries eavesdrop on sat-traffic. NZ is a part of Echelon too, isn't it?

6. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Presume that echelon and any other domestic surveillance is already taking place. That isn't part of the worry, as we are already using anonymity techniques, but what we would be concerned with is a lesser agency choosing to pursue or not pursue based on jurisdiction. Pretend you are an agency who's funding depends on how many people you pursue. Are you going to choose the easier countries with mlats, or the ones that are less friendly or less capable? The mlats really won't make a difference for us, but for the user they may care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.