About to install Ewido. Couple questions.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Anthony A, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony A

Anthony A Registered Member

I am going to down load and install Ewido instaed of using the on line scanner. I have a coupke questions about it before I do though.

Is there only the one version available from the Ewido site? Is there not a free, trial, and paid versions?

I read that during install that you have the choice to install or not to install the background guard. If I choose not to install and only use Ewido as a on demand scanner can I still update the definitions from within Ewido or do I have to do the manual install of definitions from the Ewido site. I know automatic updates won't work without the background guard. Also is there an option to install the background gaurd after if I decide I want it or do I have to do a uninstall and reinstall of the whole program?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

theres only one version. it works as trial for 30-days after which it goes into free mode where automatic updates and guard is disabled.

u just input ur license details to convert it to full.
    u can still update ewido from within the program.
    i dont know; perhaps someone else will tho.

3. Anthony A

Anthony A Registered Member

Well there was no option to not install the back ground guard. It must have been an option in a older version of Ewido.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.