About Shredder...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am using the TuneUp Utilities shredder feature, then at the middle of the process I decided to abort the operation. But to my dismay, the file was completely gone. I can't locate it anymore. I was then thinking that if I abort the operation then the other half of the content was still be intact...but everything is gone. :blink: :oops: :p

I was wondering....where it is now? I mean, are the whole file already deleted by the shredder and the other half was moved to or by the recycle bin empty functions automaticallyo_O? o_O ...or that other half of that file was just there somewhere in my pc drive and I couldn't located? Where do u think it is now? :doubt: :gack:

I was then thinking now that we should not hit the cancel button when the shredder was already running, coz it will only be useless. :mad:

2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Normally you can't recover if you used the file shredder. But if a part is transfered to the recycle bin then you can use the TuneUp undelete function. You can try TuneUp Rescue center but I am not sure if you can undo the actions when you used their shredder.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Restore the file via your image backup software. Mount the image, look for the file and restore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.