About Safe'n'Sec V3.0...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kaelthas, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaelthas

Kaelthas Registered Member

Hi,folks
    I've been using Safe'n'Sec for a long time,I 've found a lot of BUGs in the newest version 3.0.xxx. after I tired every build again and again from BETA phase.I just wander why there are so many problems in its 3.0 after its offical release cause version 2.5 works on my PC like a charm.I think the biggest error comes from its string and StarForce Protection Technology,the latter one,in many cases,may cause the system instability and incompactibility with other security softs,--you know that many PC games use its tech to protect their copy rights (SafeDisk) and there are a lot of complain about it.
    I just want to know if there are guys whose SNS version 3.0 dose NOT have any problems.And please tell me if there are a lot improvement in the newest version,Thank you!!

Regards!

Kael'thas

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I was hoping that the new version was more stable, as I had big stability problems with previous versions :p :blink:

Constant freezes all the time, which support could do nothing about. Sad to hear that version 3 may also not be ready for prime time, at least not yet on your machine.

It's a pity as somewhere in SNS there is a very good program trying to show itself.

Will be of interest if your observations are general or specific to your setup.

3. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

I am currently running SNS AV+ 2.5 on one of my PCs and it is quite stable. However, my key does not work SNS AV+ 3.0 and after some email exchanges with SNS tech. support, they still say that the new key they recently sent to me will only work with SNS Pro 3.0 but not the AV+ version. It seems strange to me. I had installed the trial version of SNS 3.0 and it had hung my PC at the Windows login screen. Personally, I think SNS is a decent product but support is not enough. Even on the official download page, the version notes only speak of much older versions and not the ones available for downloads. Also, I never really get any updates for SNS itself (only for AV signatures) through its auto update. I have to manually check their website, download the installers and check the actual version information in their Windows file properties to find out if it they are new or not.

4. Kaelthas

Kaelthas Registered Member

Thanks for all of your replies!!

I am alway wanting to keep up with the latest security softs,that why I want to upgrade to SNS pro 3.0 in no time.As for now,SNS 2.5 seems enough for my securitysetup.Every time when I want to install SNS I just delete my OS partition,reinstall OS whith NO security soft preinstalled (NO AV,AS,Firewall,HIPS or Sandbox)for the health of SNS,so it is NOT the problem from my part.It is very strange why a so decent company would release the piece that can NOT
    be used by most users,after all I think their ideas and technology are really unique and pretty impressive.And I agree that the SNS' support makes us
    rather disappointed,as well.

Regards!!

Kael'thas

5. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

I just got a reply from SNS tech support saying that I could not get a free upgrade from SNS AV+ 2.5 to SNS Pro AV+ 3.0. The tech support personnel advised me to wait for SNS AV+ 3.0 which I doubted would come out as I could only see download links for SNS Pro AV+ 3.0 at their website. Unfortunately, I could also not find any information about any upgrade path at their website.

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I have sent two e-mails to support asking for an upgrade path, but unfortunately, I got no replies. Very disappointed customer service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.