about partition magic

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by joytobing, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joytobing

joytobing Registered Member

i have problem w/ partitionmagic8, i used it to partition my hdd, i allocate become 2 part, and i have format both, i installed os, and second partition become my data, but when i check from explore my second partition lost, and i checked from partitionmagic, it became unallocated. i don't know why, cause i never change the partition. can you guys help me, cause the data is very important for me, can i have chance to get my data back? thank you

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i recovered a partition i lost using a program called testdisk. the partition had data files on and was deleted accidentally. i think it's still a dos program so there's no Graphical User Interface, just dos.
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

3. furballi

furballi Registered Member

Will this program boot with a test floppy/CD to repair a HDD if on cannot run it from windows?

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

do you mean testdisk? it should run fine on windows. i think testdisk re-enables the partition table if it gets deleted, it doesn't fix errors on a drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.