? about Paragon's Free "Drive Backup Express"

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Reference Paragon's "Drive Backup 9.0 Express" (DB9E) -- free download from THIS website.

2 Questions...

Q1- Is DB9E really free for personal (non-commercial) use? (In other words, no gimmicks; not crippleware; no time limit; no limit on number of images or restores; etc)

Background to Q2- I now use Image for DOS which allows me to (1) image my internal Hard Drive (HD) disk to an external HD, AND (2) create a floppy boot disk that enables me to restore that image from external HD to internal HD, without having to run Windows when restoring.

Q2- Can DB9E image & restore in the same manner as does Image for DOS?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any & all comments by DB9E users will be VERY much appreciated.

2. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

I have to say thanks for letting me know it.

I think you may read this for answering your questions.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Somewhere, within the last month or 2, there is a thread here about DB9E. But to answer your questions...

1) Yes, when I ran it, there were no restrictions noted or encountered due to it being a giveaway. I tested it 2 or 3 times. That said, DB9E will only image back to hard drives. No DVD support. Only full images, no differentials, etc.

2) Once DB9E is installed, you can (and should) make a restore CD. This allows you to boot outside of Windows to do your restorations. (A bonus I discovered is that you can also make images via the boot disc. So, you could install DB9E, make the boot disc and then uninstall DB9E. The CD you are left with would then allow you to make images without anything installed. If memory serves, the only thing you don't retain is a way to verifiy images you've created. This is only supported by the installed version.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Thanks to all. For now, I will stay with Image for DOS.

5. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I searched on DB9E, but this was the only thread where it turned up. I started the
    search at Wilders Security Forums. Anyway, has anyone tried it yet and what do
    you think of it?

If someone has the DB9E thread mentioned here by the OP, please point me to it.

Thanks, Al

6. tgell

tgell Registered Member

7. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.