Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 357mag, Sep 22, 2008.
That is what the link in post #2 explains.
I finally succeeded in including the Acronis plugin in my PE Builder.It was just a matter of renaming it to avoid the duplication between this file and a different file with the same name.
Now, suppose that my Windows cannot be launched anymore, if I insert my Bart cd,will the logo show on my screen ,at the bottom left, or do I have to go through the usual cd boot process?
If you mean the GO button, yes, it comes up just like the standard BartPE cd.
Yes I meant the Go button.Sorry for not being so clear.
So ,I understand that I won't have to reboot the computer on the Bart CD if ever I want to restore my dammaged Windows xp.I'll just have to insert it in the drawer and wait to see the Go button.
Do I understand correctly?
If you want to use True Image that is now embedded in your BartPE cd to restore a previously made Backup, you have to boot your system with the BartPE cd in its drive.
When the GO button appears, click GO>System>Storage and you will see True Image in the list that appears.
That makes sense.
You can install BartPE to another partition on your HD. A simple boot manager is needed but BartPE boots 5 to 10 times faster from the HD than from a CD. I use BartPE from the HD rather than from a CD.
1. Mount WinPE 2.0 image using Virtual Clone drive and install WAIK. File name = “vista_6000.16386.061101-2205-LRMAIK_EN.img”
2. Start > Programs > Microsoft Windows AIK and choose the Windows PE Tools command prompt
3. Uncompress WinPE with ‘copype <arch> <destination> eg. copype x86 c:\winpe’
4. Mount the image using the given below command
a. imagex /mountrw c:\winpe\winpe.wim 1 c:\winpe\mount <enter>
5. Install the driver. Note, the driver you are installing should be Vista Compatible
a. peimg /inf=\landriver.inf c:\winpe\mount\windows
6. Edit startcmd.cmd in \mount\windows\system32\ and add
net use y: \\pcname\e$\machine.images /usercname\administrator <administrator password>
7. Unmount the Image
a. imagex /unmount /commit c:\winpe\mount
8. Run Acronis WinPE ISO builder to slipstream Acronis into WIM image.
9. Insert WIM image into WDS (in Mixed mode). Configure Mixed mode by installing WDS in Legacy mode (without initializing WDS, or using WDSUTIL /Uninitialize-server) then configuring WDS.
Well, for as often as I run BartPE (Reatogo) I am OK with booting from the CD. I was just responding to someone who was saying it took a long time to boot.
Separate names with a comma.