a2 - What formats does it unpack?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Browser, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browser

Browser Guest

Hello,

I am thinking about trailing this product due to ewido's realtime resource usage being far to high, atleast during my trial.

So i was wondering what formats (archives and runtime packed files) does a2 unpack? I know ewido uses generic emulation (right?).

Thanks

2. ???

??? Guest

do you use an old pc with old hardware? i use also the ewido program and it works fine without system resource problems.
    the a² program ony supports archives types like rar, zip, ace etc but no exe compressors like aspack, upx, etc.

3. Browser

Browser Guest

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I guess a2 isnt the thing for me (atleast for the moment) as unpacking is something i would like.

I wouldnt call my system that old. Its a AMD Athlon XP 1900+, 1GB RAM. Just ewido suddenly shoots up to 30-40% cpu usage when right clicking my desktop for example. I have a few days trial left, maybe i will reinstall it again.

4. Wills

Wills Registered Member

Being a novice I don't understand the issue of unpack and why EWIDO would be preferential for my needs. Is there someone who could explain the pros and cons of the 2 programs as I thought that a2 was a good program but maybe I need to be better informed about other issues out there and what EWIDO would do for my box that a2 does not do.
    I would appreciate your comments.
    It is not fun being a novice and then reading all these advanced terms like "unpack", I really appreciate the experience of the members at this site but obviously some terms / issues are over this newbies head!!!!

I have a notebook pentium 4, 512 RAM, 1.9 ghz, mobile processor and windows xp SP1 and it has to be that way until the manufacturer deals with some incompatability issues with drivers and about 6 other issues that are posted on my support site. Until this is done I have been advised Not to SP2 nstall. i check the support site at their advice to see when I can consider if I am going to install the package.

I would appreciated comments on a2 and EWIDO and their differences.
    Thanx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.