a tried some thing

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i had like since july 2007 that i dont run any antivirus or antispyware in my computers,only like testing like to see speed compabilities isues but never scaning for malware,but yesterday i dedicated some time to scan for the first time to see what's up i used malwarebites,superantispyware,spyware terminator,spybot search and destroy, avira free and to my surprise didnt find nothing only 5 tracking cookies:D meaning that my proactive security is really doing it's job:thumb: Good job Defensewall,malware defender and processguard:thumb: :thumb:this is freaking cool

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Its wondefull how we can Have a few applcation minus Anti this and that scanners and stay clean even when we test malware samples purposely and come back clean.Then we see some running enough security programs to fill ten computers and then get infected anyways,Sometimes less is more.:thumb:

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yes,it is freaking cool:D ,i feel very secure and confident even more now:thumb:

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep, defensewall definatly keeps out the bad guys.

used to use it, but dont now since prevx brought out edge.

why dont i use it now, to be honest... it kinda turned into a computer hassle with all the trusted/untrusted goings on, install new programs trusted/untrusted, plus there were other niggles i didnt like.

would i go back to defensewall, certainly.... but will i, who knows.... :)

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Software matters less, the user matters most.

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

8. Zimzi

Zimzi Registered Member

I tried to explain to my wife how to use trusted/untrusted routine on her notebook. She looked at me and said: "Are you crazy? Beside, why IE must be untrusted it is not a virus?"

So, I unistalled trusted/untrusted software and installed Avira again.

Edit: typo :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  9. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

Lol "are you crazy" :D

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

jmonge, you know I have a lot of respect for you, but I will bet you, you could have done the same thing with nothing, and had the same results.;)

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

:D
    :D ooppss:D

12. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I'm kind of glad you posted that.
    My wife has been gently nudging me to remove trusted/untrusted from her pc.
    There goes that part of my hobby.
    Hugger

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

the thing is that i use or how can i say it,i do alot of tests with this machine note some thing i dont use a virtual machine i am a very brave soul:D no returnil,antivirus,antispyware,or virtual machine only hips
    like defensewall or processguard:thumb: i know defensewall is not design for testing purpose but i want to know how strong defensewall is and it really proved to me that it really did it's job:thumb: by keeping my machine clean;)

14. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I laugh to myself every day,at these people who think they "need" 10-security programs hogging up their hardrives :argh: :D

15. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

jmonge, I think you're an enthusiastic and genuinely good guy. But I agree with trjam.

You're a smart user, and your hobby/interest is testing reputable security software. You've tested tons of products. You're not going to get a virus testing security software.

Just to illustrate the point. My brother is a programmer, moderates a very popular forum, has no AV, no security software just windows firewall. I load up every program and find not a thing. I finally got him to add threatfire. Asked him if he's ever seen an alert, and says it doesn't show anything! ;)

16. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

ROFL! :D Sure is a funny story, but she is the average "Jane". It could be even worse! My brother would reply to me "And i am supposed to think every time i run an application whether i must put it to trusted or not?! Not likely. This thing is for you, geek, now leave me alone." o_O

17. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

cool;)

18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

note:this computer is use by the whole familly,i know how to deal with alot of stuff but familly members whose are happy clickers for everything,i need security apps in my machine;)i dont want to take a risk,all my machines has H.I.P.S and a well configure router

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.