A tale of broken colors, 16 bit looks like 256 colors!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Usual Suspect, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rundown...

Freshly installed XPSP1a PC with Autopatcher.

Runing 16 bit color (max 32 bit.... since the days I had a 3d card, I was superstitious about 16 bit color, 'coz no game would run @ 32 bit, or 256 color... ANY would run in this beautiful mode)

Clicked ``remove shortcuts' arrows ' ' in TweakUI XP

BOOM! AYBABTU !!! ALL my ICONS lose their color properties and go to "safe mode" like 256 colors !! bewildering, because the rest of the UI, including the surreal Luna Element 3 theme, IS STILL THERE in 16 bit color !!!

this "problem" is absent in 32 bit colors.

any guesses while I connect to www.giga-byte.com to update the mobo drivers?

2. Thank you Google :)
    didn't need to reinstall drivers

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1012509538

Fixed !

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Very nice 'Detective' :cautious: work there 'Usual Suspect', :shifty: [lol, could not resist that one]

Glad you found the fix, but, more importantly, you posted what it was so others can see the results :thumb: and maybe someone in future can use this for their own problem. ;)

Cheers, TAS

4. Just observing good manners, ma'am. *bows*

my next case is the case of the broken Bootskin.

Suspect : TuneUp WinStyler2 service.

Fixer : Wincustomise Bootloader [I'll have to disable it's own startup entry though... totally useless.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.