A Squared report of tracking cookie

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by HandsOff, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

When I run A2 I always get the message that I have a "Trace.Tracking Cookie".

Is this a reliable diagnosis? I do allow cookies on some sites, the text of the message is this:

Object Diagnosis
    K:\Documents and Settings\"Myusername"\Cookies\"My.."@comcast[1].txt - Trace.TrackingCookie

Were "Myusername' is the my windows users name. That does kind of look like a tracking cookie doesn't it?

- HandsOff

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Considering Comcast admits in their Privacy Statement they "may use session-based cookies to track the pages on our website"....I feel that is a reliable find on A2 part.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I always run CCleaner first, to clean my cookie folder and keep the cookies, I want. Than I run all my scanners.

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Well, so far it appears that Firefox is blocking the installation of these cookies, but time will tell. I have noticed one thing that makes me have my doubts. When ever I delete mail, I seem to receive spam when the page refreshes. Now, I know what you're thinking, "it's just a coincidence", but this is not very likely. Why? Well, lets say I get up in the morning check my email. There has been, say, eight hours during which new deliveries could take place. When I check mail the list is updated. The first thing I do is to delete the spam without opening it. Takes five or ten seconds at the most. Now, what are the chances that my deleting a spam mail at this point would coincide with the page refreshing after having eight full hours during which maybe 2 or 3 spams are delivered? I used the sleep interval as an example but this occurs often during other parts of the day, as well.

I have never heard of a receipt being sent to a sender if their mail was not opened. Does this happen? If it does shouldn't Wilders do something about it?

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.