A Squared Removal!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by rookieman, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Could someone tell how to remove this from my computer?I guess i must of tried to delete it incorrectly.:( Thanks.

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

If clicking the entry in "add/romove programs" (in the control panel) doesn't work, say, because you have deleted a file it needs, try reinstalling it (to the same place it was) and then un-installing it.
    (Though why you would want to remove it is beyond me..o_O )

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Shut down the active shield first, and possibly any other active shields (such as a/v, a/s, hips, etc.) for un/install as they may be blocking the process...

4. rookieman

Sorry i was away for a few days.The only place i can find it is in program files and registry.It's version 2.0.048.Can i download v3 and uninstall would that get rid of it?I even tried regsupreme pro.

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

If you still have the installer for version 2.0.048 I would use that to re-install.
    Then un-install,reboot,and run a reg cleaner.

6. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

If you have installed 2.x and then upgraded to 3.x via the online update, the uninstaller does not know the new components that have been added in the new version.

Therefore it is suggested to download and install the latest setup package of 3.x (over the previous installation9 and then run the uninstaller.

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

hello,

Just wanted a clarification on your previous post. Which uninstaller are you referring to? The one in the Windows Add/Remove task or the one within the program itself?

As in the case of Java updates, it is recommended that you uninstall all older versions first before installing a newer version because the older versions do not get "replaced" by installing another version. Is this a similar facet of this program?

8. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

It does not matter which uninstaller you use, it's both the same.

The Windows Add/Remove Programs link refers to the unins000.exe located in the a-squared folder. The same application is called if you click the "Uninstall a-squared" link in the start menu.

9. rookieman

I'll remember that the next time.I think i might have got rid of it with a program called Unlocker.:D Thanks for your reply.

10. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Never do that when uninstalling legitimate programs. Always use the uninstaller.

11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Yep.
    It's better to use the uninstaller from the program(or Add/Remove program) whenever possible.

12. cet

cet Registered Member

I always uninstall programs using windows built in ''add or remove ''programs,I have never encountered a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.