a-squared Anti-Malware 3.5 free on GAOTD

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Ocky, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

2. Nizarawi

Nizarawi Registered Member

thanks ocky :D :D :D
    :-*

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Does anyone know how this program interacts with other security programs (NOD, Avast), Boclean or Online Armor?

4. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I use Antivir Premium, Online Armor (paid) and Sandboxie (free) on my Vista laptop. OA is basically a HIPS program with a firewall included. Just depends if you have the free or paid version if you want additional protection.

I have used other anti-malware programs (Threatfire, Norton Anti-bot) in the past and I haven't had any unusual prompts or legitimate saves from using these behavioral programs. My anti-virus usually covers me well at least on my XP machine. When I visit unknown sites or handling attachments I use Sandboxie. Most anti-malware products don't detect inside a sandbox so I have no idea if I picked up something bad unless Antivir finds a threat.

You might have to test it out for a day or two and see if it conflicts with your other programs. I have been testing A-Squared this morning and it seems to be going fine.

5. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

I have OA paid, Antivir Premium & A-Squared Anti Malware all guards enabled excluding each other as my real time protection for the last 6 months or so with no problems.:)

6. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'd installed this on two PCs this past week through Gizmos site. I'll begin to use them full time when some other apps expire. In order to disable this in startup, you have to enter a code that is displayed, similar to the feature used by blogs or contacting some sites to prevent spam. This is both convenient yet a nice security feature!

7. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I'm using it with:

Real Time Protection:
    - Spyware Terminator
    - Avast 4.8
    - Rising Firewall
    Others:
    - Sandboxie
    - Returnil

Without annoyances. It seems that works well with others security app..

8. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Cool another free coupon code for 1 year! :D

By the way beethoven, I've been running a-squared 3.5 (actually 4.0 beta after update) with Online Armor AV+ for about a week now without problems.

dja2k

9. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am giving it a try and so far, it seems to work fine without hassles or interference :D

10. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

No problems with:

- KIS 7.0.1.325

- SSM 2.4.0.620 pro

- Returnil 2.0.1.7055

11. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

The price is right.

But it looks like it uses a lot of resources. Not a problem if used only on demand. But out of the question (for me) if you want to use the real time protection.

How is it's cleaning ability? Anywhere near SuperAntiSpyware's? BTW, SuperAntiSpyware's real-time protection is running at around 452k on my computer. Can't even feel it.

12. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Am i wrong or has it been on GAOTD for 2 days straight?

It also says "NB: This download includes full technical support and updates for 1 year."

This isn't usual at all for giveaways. Seems a2 really wants to get their product out there.

13. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Lol it should be: "Give away of the Days"

14. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

A-Squared was on GAOTD before this weekend. They might have been giving away a copy of Mamutu. I tried the anti-malware product on my desktop and I wasn't able to use my wireless mouse. A-Squared thought my Logitech software was a keylogger or a trojan.

15. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Thanks, just saw this 'offer' in other forum :D

16. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Yes, you are correct! They also had this deal last month https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=215147 and I've also seen the same type of give away at majorgeeks. A-squared seems to be a very generous company :).

17. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Using my girlfriend's laptop as a guineapig to try a-squared. Memory usage is a bit high, but hopefully it's worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.