A reliability and performance update is available for Windows Vista SP1-based compute

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

A reliability and performance update is available for Windows Vista SP1-based computers

Update information

An update is available that will help improve the performance and reliability of Windows Vista. If you are not sure whether Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is installed, see the "How do I find out whether I have Windows Vista SP1 installed?" section.

To install the correct version of this update, you must know whether your Windows Vista platform type is 32-bit or 64-bit. If you are not sure which platform type is installed, see the "How do I find out whether I'm running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows Vista?"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=952709

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Downloaded it, thanks, but I can't see any visible change in performance. I wonder why these updates are not available from 'Windows Update' as they are labeled important.

3. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

I tried installing this twice and it failed each time - resulting in the same error:

The referenced links were of no help (and I do have SP1 installed). Any ideas? :doubt:

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks Nick:thumb:
    installed sucessfully here.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Thanks nick.painless install with out a noticable difference though.

6. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.