A question !!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by subratam, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi,

Ok, I am having Windows XP pro. downloaded Java Web Start.
    Now when I went to play yahoo pool, which runs on Java Applet, something strange happened. and this is not first time.
    what happened/happens ? Say I get logged in the game room. Now I right click, :eek: the menu starts to flicker. Ok I try to move something that also flickers. I experienced this when I had Win2k but not when I had win98se. What is the cause o_O :rolleyes:

2. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

o_ODon't know but I would check Windows Video drivers for an update. My daughter plays that game every day, while IM,ing with her friends. On the Compaq laptop and she never has any probs. XP home, wireless remote. I'll tell her to look for you while shooting pool.

3. subratam

working in 98se... perfectly... ( because it needs less resource thats why? :rolleyes: )
    I dont have any problem but that... the flickering, even if that moment I open MS-word, and just enable office assistant, you will be amazed to know the office assistants can really dance well :D
    lets see what others say...

sure Val, I love the pool but its monotonous at times , by the way my rating in one is 5007 ask her rating ;)

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi sub,

It's probably safe to guess that you were using the MS virtual machine under 98SE and now have Sun Java, since MS is not currently permitted to distribute the VM (XP's SP1 removed it, in fact) because of the legal battles with Sun.

Alas, the Sun version is loaded with bugs, And as you may have already found out, their "service" people are no help at all, they insist that any problems you're encountering are strictly at the game (or whatever) site and there's nothing wrong with their Java.

Only suggestion I can offer is uninstall and try a fresh download/install -- for some reason the downloads from them seem to be corrupted more often than not. On the other hand, if it's working fine elsewhere and you're only running into problems at Yahoo, it's quite possible that the problem is with Yahoo's applets.

Best,
    Mike

5. subratam

Hi Mike,

Actully this happened in win2k and now in XP as I told in first post. If it would be yahoo applet probz, 98 would also have that problem :rolleyes:
    the point
    is something to note.

much appreciated

good day :)

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi Subatram,

Do you have java and activex enabled in your browser settings?
    I tried another game and it works fine.

Gerard

7. subratam

It is working fine in other java applications, and I have Java and Active X enabled . Lets see what happens next.. will keep reporting though. No other problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.