A question about drive letters

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Nikilet, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikilet

Nikilet Registered Member

When I backup my system with Paragon it is saved to my external HD, which was assigned the letter K.

I do not have the external on unless I am using it.

In the meantime I purchased a USB ReadyBoost flash drive, which I am using as memory. That automatically got assigned the letter K, and today when I turned on my external HD it now shows letter L. Is this going to cause any problems or confusion with backing up now? Should I attempt to change my external back to letter K, or will everything be ok as is?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it shouldn't matter unless you scheduled a task and referenced drive K: which now is not external HD. If so amend the schedule accordingly

3. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

Just assign the external HD a letter starting from the end of the alphabet such as X,Y or Z, no automatically assigned letter will be assign to that drive.

4. Nikilet

Nikilet Registered Member

I didn't realize I'd had answers on this question and forgot about it. I did a backup and I just selected my external which is now shows up as drive "L" so I assume everything is ok. I'm not sure I understood the two answers given.

Within Paragon, my external now shows up as drive "L" so that is what I selected to save the backup to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.