A problem with quarantine

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by peri2011, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peri2011

peri2011 Registered Member

I have problem with the quarantine.

I have a file that always gives false positive, I have excluded.

Using a folder sync program this file has moved and has been in quarantine.

I'm going to restore but I can not, the reason is that due to binding of synchronization software and antivirus, the path listed in the quarantine are:

\\,Y:0000000232149\program\file.exe

when the correct path is:

Y:\program\file.exe

Due to \\,Y:000000000232149\ I can not restore the file, nor does the option "Restore to ..."

How I can change the reference Nod32 recorded in the quarantine?

Thank you.

Ps.: I have to say that this file is important for me because the two copies of the file that I had are in quarantine.

Also say that I searched the string //Y, in the windows register without success (I'm using Windows 7)

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  2. peri2011

peri2011 Registered Member

I have good news and bad, good is that I had a copy of the file in the recycle bin, the bad news is that the quarantine is malfunctioning, and not the fault of the program folder synchronization, because today I have not used .

He explained the case: I keep a file on a network drive:

x:\folder\fichero.exe

Configure exceptions on nod32 in many ways:

x:\folder\fichero.exe
    x:\*file*

And despite the exceptions nod32 file gets quarantined. I go to quarantine, find this file and view the following route:

\\x;000000000027abb\folder\file.

And I can not restore it.

Fortunately this does not occur on local drives and I saved a copy of the file on a local drive, not to lose, but I want to know about the virus and how to fix it.

Thanks

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you believe the report of malware being detected on the file to be a false positive alarm, then you should submit a copy to ESET's virus lab so that they may remediate this in a future virus signature database.

For information on doing so, please see ESET Knowledgebase Article #141, "How to submit virus or potential false positive samples to ESET's labs."

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.