Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by robinb9, Jun 19, 2012.
please answer these questions above
1. Why is there a security toolbar if it has offers for apps and coupons? isn't that like spyware.
To help cover costs of Panda Cloud, its a pretty small price to pay for an AV. Spyware tracks users, a toolbar is just an extension to the browser. Not all toolbars are Spyware.
2. Do you need the toolbar for Panda to stop malicious web pages? or will it work without it also?
It works fine without it, it just must be installed with Panda Cloud the first time to get the web filter installed. After that you are free to uninstall it.
3. Also I enabled backround scanning after cache syncronization, is that ok?
Sure its all up to if you want it on or not.
Why not put an option prior to install like in a custom install to uncheck or check the toolbar?
Also by enabling backround scanning after cache synrocnization does it make the cpu go up?
thank you again for all your help.
also do you know what the conflict is with Superantispyware?
1. Why not put an option prior to install like in a custom install to uncheck or check the toolbar?
Its been a while since I installed PCAV again but you can uncheck it, it just means you don't get the website filter if I remember correctly.
2. Also by enabling backround scanning after cache synrocnization does it make the cpu go up?
After background sync yes, personally I just leave that feature off and PCAV just scans when I am away from my PC automatically. However all my PCs are pretty much on 24/7 so it could be different in your case.
3. also do you know what the conflict is with Superantispyware?
Other then knowing it exists I have never tested it. I have only seen a few conflicts/slow downs on my personal machine with the following programs:
1. Mamutu: System slowed down a bit
2. Kingsoft PC Doctor 3.0: System bootup slowed way down however I did not notice any other problems past bootup.
I haven't seen anything with PCAV and SAS both paid versions, i don't use the shield in SAS though because it is more or less useless.
But i know one thing, if there where any issues between them SAS would go into the dustbin fast, an effective AV like PCAV is a lot more important then a antispyware tool so if i like the AV that's what would happen. I would simply buy MBAM and support them instead, they also are much more vigilant regarding updates 24/7 than SAS which only bring out signatures during the working hours mon-fri.
Separate names with a comma.