A non-serious look at why Linux is ~0%

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by vasa1, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

LOL :D

Thanks.

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Linux is king of server land in corporateland, desktops are actually a tip of the hat to grassroots serious Linux users whom otherwise contribute to its steady development.

Non-serious stories like the above link (a tired and tattered effort by Windowsland) tend to make a moot point, ergo, there is no need whatsoever for Linux to succeed further with the desktop, yet it keeps on trucking! - and it's way above 0% which is a common myth anyway.

Corporations actually like the concept of free and stable software offered by Linux - it serves their profit motives. Meanwhile, do the monthly check on Windows Update Tuesday, and another round of critical security patches are made to the seriously Swiss-cheese-like security vulnerabilities of Windows OSes.

Of course, Linux is not immune to security flaws - its just a lot harder to penetrate than Windows - due to its superior design!

-- Tom

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Someone had commented that many Linux users block stat counters and they wouldn't be visible. I don't know how the counter works but I block a lot of stuff.

BTW, I'm posting this with Ubuntu 11.10 :thumb:

5. x942

x942 Guest

+1 on that. I block everything I can block. My referrer says I am running Windows XP :argh:

I like to mess with stats :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.