A New User

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DMD31842, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMD31842

DMD31842 Registered Member

I must be a toatl dunce. Can someone, in simple, plain English, tell me how to make a copy of my hard drive so I can restore in case of a computer crash? I have True Image 9.0 Thanks

2. John2222

John2222 Registered Member

First you have to decide where you are going to store the backup image file. Many use an external USB2 hard drive for this purpose; that's because if your PC hard drive dies you have the backup on a separate physical device and can restore from there.

If you have the USB2 hard drive connected, then follow the simple instructions on page 22 of the User Guide, "Backing up disks and partitions (image backup)"

It leads you through the process, screen by screen.

3. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Don't forget to make a "Recovery Boot-CD". This allows you Full access to the .tib file (Backup file) ...once you create it.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DMD31842,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as John2222 the step-by-step process of the backup creation is described in Chapter 5.2 "Backing up disks and partitions (image backup)" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide. Would also like to add that you can create backup of the entire hard drive (which includes all the partitions along with the operating system, registry, drivers, software applications and data files, as well as system areas hidden from the user) or only image the system partition. You can store images created in Acronis True Image on almost any PC storage device: local hard drives, network drives or a variety of IDE, SCSI, FireWire (IEEE-1394), USB (1.0, 1.1 and 2.0) and PC card (formerly called PCMCIA) removable media drives, including CD-R(RW), DVD+R(W), DVD-RW, magneto-optical, Iomega Zip and Jaz drives.

Also using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home you will be able to create a special bootable rescue media (CD, a pack of floppies or a flash card). If your system fails you will just need to boot from the rescue media and restore the system from the previous created image archive.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. DMD31842

DMD31842 Registered Member

Thanks to all this good advice I was able to create a backup on my external hard drive. I also created the series of rescue disks. Thanks for the great advice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.