A long rant on why the PC is in decline.

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Keatah, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I disagree with a couple of points:
    The included defrag software in Windows Vista and above with runs automatically is enough for most users.

There is absolutely no need to ever clean the registry. It is exceptionally rare for cleaning the registry to fix any problems or make a computer faster.

There is no need to ever do this, if you know how to maintain Windows properly. However most PC users don't know how to.

Chkdsk runs at startup on the rare occasions that it is needed. There are very few cases where you need to manually run a scan.

But, I do get your point that tablets are simpler to use than PCs. However, personally as an experienced PC user, I find tablets way to limited for what I want to do. I use my Android tablets almost solely just for playing games, even then I don't like using a touch screen to play 3D games and usually just stick to 2D games.

On rare occasions I visit websites on my tablets, but in general find web browsing on a tablet rather frustrating compared to on a PC.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Some problems I see:

1 family is not enough to derive a confident conclusion. You need 30 at least. Or 20 at the bare minimum.
    7-figure income does not imply intelligent or hard work.

Most of the stuff you mentioned are not required at all for home maintenance or incorrect.
    Defrag, cleaning, wiping, uninstall, tweaking, etc, geeky and unnecessary stuff.

Anyone who writes more than 100 words a day will need a proper keyboard.
    Unless your work is sliding marketing presentations someone else made left and right, then yes, tablets are awesome.

Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.