A Little Challenge

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wildman, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

2. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:mad: Screw it I give up!

After almost a two hour download on my dial-up 56k modem capability, I get STACK ERROR can't load signature files. THE HELL WITH THIS CRAP!

Thanks
    Wildman
    :mad:

3. fredra

fredra Registered Member

:D :rolleyes: OOPS.....
    ""Another one fell flat on one and got through on another""
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I am not the only one that tries to be lighthearted/joke and it falls flat...
    Welcome to the club...lol :D :D :D :D :D
    Cheers :)

4. solarpowered candle

wildman if you can sort your stack issue out and get e trust promo and the update drivers ( as above in my link ) you will not be disapointed . This is not the same as EZ . I tried EZ once but found it to be a drag . I am on dial up also as I live coastal . The dual engines are InnoculateIT and Vet and are more than likely adequate for all you need . You may want to clean up your system and defrag etc and try again with the above link . The download should only take about 50 minutes on dial up / 56k . You might need to unload any other anti virus that might be taking up room first and boot a few times so that your system is tidy . regarding the performance of Vet and innoculateIT it has more VB 100 awards than all the free ones put together . In fact it has more than most of the paid ones. there will always be tests that include the kitchen sink that will say it doesnt do this or that , but then what does in this day . If you need to add an AT /malware scanner as well download e scan free to use as an ondemand once a week . these two will give you excellent protection.Far better than most paid . And it will be the lightest AV you have tried to date.

5. wildman

wildman Registered Member

;) Thank you, it is obvious that you are a gentleman, but as I said, I give up on this entire situation an will now take my chances. This does not mean that I am entirely unprotected by the way, I do have other security programs installed. I may still utilize AntiVir/PE an try to obtain the updates on the weekend only.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :) ;)

6. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I, too, highly recommend the ETrust promo. I recently went back to it again after fooling around with a bunch of other antivirus programs. I just like the ETrust v7. I didn't have to download it, have it saved to CD along with a bunch of others. It's a great program and I recommend it highly.

Solarpowered Candle -- has there been any upgrade to the engines? I'm running the old 7.0.139, the one I originally downloaded. The update automatically, but only the virus signature, I guess. I no longer have the URL to manually download anything.

7. solarpowered candle

If you go to http://www.excid.com/faq/?id=1&language=en then look "update antivirus " on left side of page. This will take you to a download that will update your drivers. You just need to download and load it up . It will automatically update the drivers for e trust v7 to the latest version.

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just installed etrust promo and updated it and along with the def updates it also updated the drivers to the current versions without manually having to download the drivers separately .

bigc

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  9. waters

waters Registered Member

My version is 7.0.405

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.