A Heads-Up You May Already Have

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by simmikie, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

as you know Joe, many of us P3 users also use Defensewall. well there is a version 3 in the wings, and according to what is posted on their forums, all of the tech work is completed, just waiting on skinning.....again.

you may want to consider asking Ilya for a beta copy to ensure this latest greatest plays well with your latest greatest. all i know of at this point is Ilya added some level of firewall, but other changes could also be in play.

probably should have just PMed this to you, but i am curious if other DW folk might have more to add.

Mike

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

I seen this on his website in forums....:thumb:

3. ako

ako Registered Member

Both play well together for me, simmikie. DW 3.0 and Prevx 3.0.5 RC make a great pair indeed!

4. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

good to hear ako, thanks.

Mike

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Ilya has kindly reached out to me requesting some details about the DefenseWall + Prevx incompatibility on Opera.

The issue that exists is: Defensewall is expected to block Opera support as it prevents browsers from reaching trusted components (Prevx) so we are not able to load some protection/monitoring into an Opera browser protected by Defensewall.

If anyone is using Prevx 3.0.5.3 + DefenseWall and continues to experience this, could you email me or Ilya the DefenseWall log?

Thanks! :)

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Joe, I am back...I had problems with the RC testing. So I uninstalled Prevx back in September.

This is what caused me to discontinue with Prevx for a while, I had a keyboard problem. I was using a Logitech USB cordless mouse/keyboard. (I couldn't log in after rebooting) - see here - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256244

I had to borrow a PS/2 keyboard, and then managed to access my system via FD-ISR during bootup.

FD-ISR definitely saved my bacon...otherwise a complete reinstall of the OS from scratch.

P.S. See screenshot of first scan since reinstalling version 3.0.1.165. I will be reactivating my license key shortly.

P.P.S Also, I am one that is using the Opera/Prevx/DefenseWall combination mentioned in your post above.

Edit: corrected spelling

Attached Files:

7. PrevxHelp

If you run into this again, it may be worth using the on-screen keyboard to log in and then see if you could get a copy of a minidump which would be created in C:\Windows\Minidump\

You'll also then be able to uninstall Prevx after logging in with the on-screen keyboard (the button in the bottom left corner). However, I suspect that this issue is now corrected as we haven't had any further reports.

Please let me know what you find :)

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Joe,

Sorry, but if I can't enter my password in the 'box/panel' , how would I be able to access the on-screen keyboard?

Probably, a redundant question on my part, because the problem is unlikely to happen again.;)

P.S. When the update is pushed out from the server will it update to the standard version or the Safe Online version, because I haven't being actively testing the recent RC versions? :doubt: :)

9. PrevxHelp

The pre-login on-screen-keyboard looks like this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3242/2997808465_64c4407d6d_o.jpg

It is accessible by the mouse and you can then "type" using mouse clicks on the "keys" :)

The update will come down without SafeOnline enabled if you haven't been using it - we're leaving the user's settings intact and not installing anything new besides what they currently have in place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.