A few useful tweaks for Ubuntu

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

For those in need of urgent desktop customization, I've written an article compiling several useful tweaks and configurations for Ubuntu, including classic Gnome and Unity desktops, focusing on multiple wallpapers, sound preview, browser integration themes, Easter Eggs, Unity 2D interface, Launcher options, Compiz settings, and more.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/ubuntu-useful-things.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I tried it quite sometime ago and am not happy. For one, the "global menu" doesn't have "Window" as one of the menu options. There's a "technical" reason cited for that and some sort of workaround. But the main issue is that keyboard shortcuts are kaput: Alt+F won't drop down the File menu. Alt+E won't give you the Edit drop-down and so on. I don't know if these things are fixed. ... I suspect we may have to wait for the Pangolin ;)

In any case, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about the global menu. Keyboard shortcuts suffice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.