A few questions on settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tmb, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmb

tmb Registered Member

I started a trial on XP Professional about a week ago and have a few questions.

First, about the scanning application you get when you select Start / Programs / NOD32 / NOD32. Under Setup / Scanning Log there is a "Wrap Log" option that I have enabled. Yet when I run a scan and look at the Scanning Log I find it is NOT wrapped and that there is a scroll bar at the bottom that I have to use to see the right side of each line. Why is wrapping not working as I would expect?

Next, concerning the NOD32 Control Center that sits in the system tray. There doesn't even seem to be a wrapping option here at all. Am I overlooking something?

Also, in each Windows session, whenever I open the Control Center I resize the columns that are truncated so that they are not, and resize the windows so that everything looks the way I want. Later I click on Hide to close the Control Center windows. If I reopen the Control Center in the same windows session, the layout seems to have been saved. But when I restart Windows and go back into the Control Center, all the setting are lost and I am back to the default Windows size and the truncated columns. Isn't there a way that my Windows settings can be saved?

Tom

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

The Wrap Log option is for the generated text log file only, not the program interface.

And, I don't think there is a way to save the window size/positions, but that's a question the developers will hopefully reply to here.

Best regards,
    Anders

3. tmb

tmb Registered Member

It's been about a week so far. Hopefully a developer will still reply.

Tom

4. tmb

tmb Registered Member

The lack of any response from someone involved with development concerned me. (But thanks for your reply, Anders!) They could have just said that the interface is what is, and that the issue I raised was too low of a priority. For this reason alone, I did not subscribe, and removed the software when the 30-day trial was up.

5. doktor

doktor Registered Member

Well the software developers of Eset are paid for developing software and not for reading this forum. :D
    The support guys do read this forum. maybe they forwarded it do someone who is right now in Toronto on a Virus Bulletin conference. As it was mentioned, the GUI issue has not too high priority. Should your complaint be directed to some virus/false alarm issue, the reaction would be very fast.
    With NOD32 you have this forum and ppl from support dept reading it ... plus tons of user who can help you here...

6. tmb

tmb Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I was just concerned that if it was something a little more serious, I might also be left hanging.

7. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

That might have been the case before this forum was set up. In fact, that is a main reason it was set up. I know because a problem I had that was ignored for longer than it should have been as it had to do with a virus issue was part of the catalyst that resulted in Rodzilla setting up this official forum. At any rate, you need not worry as support for any important issue has been very fast since Wilders has been hosting this official NOD32 support forum. (Before this forum came into being, Eset did not have an official support forum).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.