A Few Questions for you...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FireDancer, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

I first read about ATI here at Wilders when FanJ started a few threads about it and gave some links and training about how to use it and it's benefits. I ended up purchasing a full version ( 6.0 ). After Down loading and reading all I could, installing and running it for the first time I will not go with out it, it is a wonderfull product.

I have 3 systems in my home currently and only one copy of ATI (registerd) is it possible to use ATI through a network and make images of my 2 XP home machines from my WIN98SE machine? I am not trying to be a .... for lack of a better word CHEAPSKATE , but funds are kinda tight for more software as I was lucky enough to talk the wife into a few more machines.... :D . Or is it possible to use ATI independently on my other 2 machines with the registration I have? Again I ask this only because of that ugly word LACK of funds :oops: . At some time I would like to upgrade to 7.0 but it will be a short while till I can do that and I do love my ATI :D Thanks again Wilders you guys rock as always.

Regards,
    FireDancer

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FireDancer --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

Actually, according to our licensing policy each product is limited to one computer, so you need a number of copies equal to the number of computers you want to use the software on.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Anton,

Thanks for replying and I do understand I will have to use a single copy for each machine in respect to running them independently but my first question was would my one copy running on the main machine at home imagae a drive on another machine within the network from the main machine as long as I had full accsess to it?

Regards,
    FireDancer

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Firedancer --

Acronis True Image images only *local* drives, thus you need to have the software installed on the computer you want to image.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.