A few questions about malwarebytes antimalware v1.43 (registered)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CreepyKangaroo, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreepyKangaroo

CreepyKangaroo Registered Member

I just installed a registered version of Malwarebytes Antimalware and turned on the "protection module" and to my surprise I found it(mbmservice.exe) eating up 45MB of memory whereas KIS2010 is barely touching 30MB mark!

Is this normal?!!!

Moreover, the "ip protection module" is confusing me! Within 10 seconds it blocked around 30 addresses! But that maybe because I had Utorrent running in the background along with two other browsers. After this I visited Malwarebyte's blog and there were a lot of other posters sharing the same concern as myself that mbm does not really know what it should block and what it shouldn't! Even if it is only because of Utorrent, it isn't good news because I use Utorrent regularly!

http://malwarebytes.besttechie.net/2009/08/03/malwarebytes-anti-malware-ip-blocking/

So what's the deal with "IP Block"?

2. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Thats normal

It block malicious ips. Torrent downloaders like utorrent connect to many IPs to download files which contains malicious and nonmalicious. So MBAM blocks malicios IPs. Also u will not get correct download speed while using utorrent with MBAM Ip protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.