A few final questions before purchase.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by crust, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crust

crust Registered Member

I've been using the trial of NOD32 happily for the last few weeks, so I'll soon be purchasing it. Before I'd do i'd be interested into the answers to these questions;

1) I use Firefox as my primary browser, and when downloading a large file IMON takes over and downloads it before the firefox download manager. This is annoying because sometimes I like to pause/resume downloads and I can't do that if IMON has taken over. Is there anyway to alter this so it doesn't download the file without compromising security.

2) I still haven't found a good solution to this problem (Taskbar icon not loading). Logging on with a password isn't really an option for me.

3) As for purchasing NOD32, I am in Australia and noticed that its substancially cheaper to buy it on the american website. Could I buy it from the american site? I have heard some not so good things about the australian support.

Thanks for your help!:)

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

1: Yeah, just do like me: Set "switch to passive mode for files larger than" to 500kb, and disable "switch to passive mode for files being downloaded..."
    That way you'll still catch those nasties (trojans, scripts etc.) because they never exceed 500kb to my knowledge.
    You can also completely disable it, AMON will catch those nasties.

2: Happend a few times here too. Just a temp. fix to the problem: Click Start > Programs > Eset > NOD32 Control Panel and the icon should be there. I'm sure someone knows alot more about this issue, just do a search on the forums :)

3: I'm not sure about their policy about this, you'll have to wait for someone who knows about this to answer that question for ya.

And let me be the fist to welcome you into the "NOD32 family", if you decide to purchase however ;)

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

By substantially cheaper you mean a saving of $11.80 less your credit card foreign currency exchange rate fee, this would make it a saving of around $10.00 which is very little in the scheme of things when free local telephone support is provided.

Cheers :D

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Blackspear here is an Australian reseller - he's the top contributor to this forum - so I'd have to say that this wouldn't be a bad thing for support if he was the reseller you chose in Australia... I can't comment on the support provided by the Australian distributor, I don't know if they have a rep here giving all this time to support the product they believe in...

5. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

I've noticed that.... Over 10,000 posts since december 2002 which works out at just under 10 posts a day... ergo.... damn good support for Australia :D

6. auriell

auriell Registered Member

ad 1. Just click on 'stop' (or 'stop loading current page') button in FF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.