a different gui problem each time I open it

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Hello, whenever I open the interface of v5.0.95 there is something missing, some days it's my license other days it's favorites and some days it's one or more of the protection items. Apart from the resizing issue it's working fine. Is this a known issue? It seemed to happen last time I tried it, I clean installed from v4 using the removal tool. Windows 7 64 bit 295 gtx cards on latest signed drivers.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Is the installation of ESET Smart Security v5 a clean install, or was a previous major version (v4.x) running on the computer?

Is there any other security software installed on the computer? Not necessarily antimalware, but perhaps some other kind of access control or screen locking software?

Is there any kind of software that might modify the Windows Desktop shell or video subsystems installed? Modded video drivers, GUI patches or tweaks and so forth?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I removed v4 then ran the clean up utility in safe mode. I also have Malwarebytes with realtime disabled and hitman pro. It's a clean install of nvidia 285.62 video driver and physx only, no 3d or auto update. There are no other programs running in realtime.
    It has behaved since I posted this and whatever is missing from the gui I can put back. For example, if my license doesnt show it appears if I click verify license from the help menu, if network is missing, it reappears when I show network connections and right click frequently used puts the favorites back.
    I'm pretty sure it's working ok, it's just cosmetic I think?
    Thanks for the reply.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

nVidia just released new WHQL'd drivers, v296.10. Can you try installing those and let me know if that makes any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.