A cure for impulsive buying

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorne, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I have admired TI since version 1.0, and I almost stumped up the cash for V9. Having seen some of the posts here I backed off and downloaded the trial.
    The trial was not too bad on my hardware actually - but never the less it gave me a cooling off period from an impulsive purchase.

Now I have had time to reflect, TI8 was always fine for me and I don't need the new feeatures in TI9 anyway. I will save my cash until such time that TI8 will not support my hardware.

See you back here for the TI 12 release in a couple of years ;-)

2. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

In a couple of yearso_O The way Acronis throws out updates, TI 12 will be here by spring... lol.

3. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

foghorne

I'm with you on this. TI 8 runs so well but I have been tempted to try Ver 9.
    All I have to do is sign on here and reality sets in. Hopefully in November I will have some time to do some TI 9 testing.

Sometimes I think alot of the problems are opererator errors. I have only had one problem, it started with Build 859 where if I try to normally exit TI from the bootable CD, and try to boot back into WINDOWS XP/HOME, only on my laptop, windows has to boot twice because it gets a BSOD. Prior to Ver 9 comming out, I worked for several weeks with TI support with no solution to this problem. The only reason I found it was by mistake ( I was doing some 937 testing before updating). This isn't really operator error, but you would assume that after booting to the CD and exiting to re-boot back to windows should work, but it doesn't, but only on my R31 thinkpad. As a test I tried another thinkpad and it worked ok. Goe Figure. But Ver 8 has been really good for me. Works all of the time.

Storage_man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.