A couple of questions re:NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by steveke, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveke

steveke Registered Member

Hi

I presently have Norton, but after some support issues, I have decided to switch.

I saw some postive comments here and decided to take a closer look at NOD32.

I saw info on http://www.av-comparatives.org/ in a forum and took a look at their findings. NOD32 did very well-scoring Advanced+ on the last 4 tests (1yr).

If you go there and check online results-the Feb,2006 may not be up yet-but there is a link for their tables, where the final assessments for Feb, 2006 are listed.

I am wondering about support. What have your experiences been? Do they have phone support?

I am also wondering about the firewall to use with NOD32?

Thanks for any info.

Steve

2. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I think phone support depends on where you buy it from

As far as I know Nod UK, Nod USA and Nod Australia all offer phone support to their customers

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

you're right dvk. As for the firewall, it works very well with a lot of firewalls: ZoneAlarm, Kerio, Outpost....

The best option in my oppinion is ZA + NOD32

4. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I've never been a big fan of firewalls, but have been playing with LnS recently, might give Kerio a shot.

5. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Sure we do.

6. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I need assistance determining if i'm sufficiently protected against this signature virus I read about today...

Btw, the new review is up! http://www.av-comparatives.org/ No direct links to AV-Comparatives test results please-Ron

Whoa... we lost :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2006
  7. steveke

Thanks for the replies.

pykko-Zone Alarm sounds good to me. I am wondering if you have it and if so, the free or pro. Money is not an issue as I contribute to freeware anyways. But I am trying to avoid conflict hassles.

I am hoping that since the anti-malware I have is pretty well known there will be no major issues with Nod32.

Also I saw a thread "installing NOD32 with Blackspear's extra settings"-is this worth me checking into further?

Thanks again.

8. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

The main difference is just higher active protection with Blackspear's settings, an "Indepth Analysis" does everything the same except for scanning emails. The most notable being image scanning in IMON, which has become somewhat of a serious threat in recent months.

9. steveke

Lollan

Thanks-just what I was looking for-overall view of it

10. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

No problem :)

The scanner is often poked at for being difficult to setup, but it uses a very good default setup. I use Blackspear's just because I'm insane :p

WMF scared me, what can I say? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.