A burning program that doesn't split files?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tr8der, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tr8der

tr8der Registered Member

Hi-

After I use TI to create the image into chuncks of 635 MB, I'm using Roxio to burn a bunch of 635 MB files to DVD. I have been manually selecting the 7 files for burning each time, but I fear that one time I will miss a file and render the image useless.

Is there a dvd burning program that I can select all the image files from a directory and it will automatically fit 7 files on each disk without splitting the last file to fill up the disk, before it requests a new disk?

I need each file to be in its original state when written to disk.

I hope I made some sense.

Gordon

2. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

3. 4fluke

4fluke Registered Member

Yes, that will work, but if you could give some details on how to do it automatically, without having to tend the machine while doing so, that would be great!

Fluke

4. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Isn't there something special about that 7th and "final" disc?
    Doesn't the final disc become the "master" that must be used first during a restoration and then followed by the 1 to 6 discs? So, splitting that one would be a no-no.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi WWS

The guys are talking about 635MB .tib files here not disks. An ISO 9660 DVD can contain up to 7 of these files. However, if a TI image splits into, say, 10 .tib files then the final 3 will need to be burnt to a second DVD. When subsequently restoring that image, the second DVD will need to be inserted into the DVD drive first (trust that makes sense!!).

Regards

6. WWS

WWS Registered Member

...files, not discs. Makes sense.
    Sorry :oops:

7. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I have them split at 4.097 GB for a DVD and use that as my break point. Works perfectly for restore from bootable media too. I should note that I do use the server version of TI though. :D

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Eliot

I suspect you are creating DVD ROM (UDF) format DVDs (not the same as UDF formatted packet writing) rather than standard DVD R/RW ISO 9660 format (2GB file size limitation). Correct?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.