A Bug or a Problem with Scheduling?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by HelpFromFrance, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

I just discovered either a bug or a problem, I am not sure which but if someone can help me work it out I would appreciate it. Here is the situation. I work with a laptop at home and travel (no desktop). At home I have an external hard disk (F:) that I use for backups and storage, it stays at home does not travel with me. I set up a profile to scan:

1. Memory
    2. Registry
    3. C:\
    4. F:\ (external hard dirve)

I noticed tonight when the scheduled scan took place numbers 1, 2, 3 all got scanned but not 4 (external F:). I looked at the profile and sure enough the only things listed in the scheduled scan were numbers 1, 2, 3 & not 4 (external F:) so I added it again did the scan and all was good. Then to experiment I shut down the computer and unplugged the external hard drive (F:) and restarted the computer. Checked the profile and sure enough numbers 1, 2, 3 were there, but not 4 (external F:).

I then shut down the computer plugged F: back in and restarted the computer. Checked the profile and numbers 1, 2, 3 were there but not 4 (external F:).

My conclusion is that once the external hard drive is unplugged and the computer restarted it is erased permanately from the profile. Here are my questions:

1. Is this a bug or is it normal?

2. If it is a bug will it be fixed?

3. If it is normal is there a way around it?

Thanks in advance,
    HelpFromFrance

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

1. Normal (by design)
    2. Not a bug but we think about it to change this because we didn't thought about that.
    3. No currently not.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

3. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

Vinzenz,

Thanks for your prompt and kind response. I hope this will be changed as schedulng is one of the big reasons I am paying for ewido. As it is my scheduling is more or less worthless, because one of my drives does not get scanned unless I ask for it each time. Somewhat defeats the purpose of scheduling.

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.