A Basic TI8 Restore Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pvsurfer, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I have a question in anticipation of the time that I will have to rely on my TI images to restore my system. As suggested during the imaging process, I first created a full Image followed by incremental images thereafter.

When the time comes to restore my system, will I have to first restore my full image followed by a restore of each incremental image, or does TI automatically recognize and restore the entire 'set' (full image + all related incrementals)? o_O

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

When it comes time to restore, you pick the date you would like to restore your system to. It's one step.

3. pvsurfer

That sounds simple enough, but at what point does TI request that date and suppose the date you enter falls between 2 incremental backups?

Thanks!

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

When you select an image to restore and ATI detects that it is part of a multi-part backup, it will prompt you which one you would like to restore.

Impossible. If you create backups (incremental or full) on September 1, 3, and 5 for example, ATI will list those dates in the dialog that asks you which you would like to restore. You cannot arbitrarily choose September 4 if no backup was performed on that date.

5. pvsurfer

Thanks for the clear expanation! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.