a² and Gladiator ... my thoughts

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by rodzilla, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the dog, hoped they would have a second chance after a behavior course.
    Hope you can have a nice sweet one if you feel to.

Anyway back to all that work.

2. xam

xam Registered Member

It may be worth a few minutes if you get chance to put something on the a² web site to let people know that the project is still alive. It may stop some of the speculation on forums like this.

3. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

It is not speculation..it is just a few people who like to rap him upside the head once in a while out of their own frustrations. Why they do this is beyond me..it certainly is not security related and why it is all setting here in a forum called other AT software puzzles me. It is all ten forward stuff at best.

But all seem to have fun with it..even Rodzilla who saw the other thread locked..and did not get a chance to say he piece. Thus this thread was started.

:D

4. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

"Off with his head!" cried the Queen of Hearts ..........

> But all seem to have fun with it..even Rodzilla who saw the other thread locked..and did not get a chance to say he piece. Thus this thread was started.

Unless I think something is important enough for me to make a comment, I don't bother saying much these days. I wasn't having fun with it ... it looked to me like Andreas and Michael were being kicked around the forums by people who hadn't considered that they may have had valid reasons for doing or not doing whatever it was they were expected to do or not do ... so I said so.

5. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

yes..you are a good egg :) just wanted to make sure you had not fallen asleep.

I talk to Andreas almost everyday..he is fine..most he has asked me not to publish..he might tell you about his cats also..and FIP..nasty stuff..and a heartbreaker. :(

But he is busy..in good spirits..and once in a while I point him to threads here so he can post if he wishes.

Hugs to all you out there.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ahhhhh! hugs once aday keeps the nasties away.
    Looking forward to all the good developments, good stuff, and good news for the guys.
    So say a friendly "Hi!" if you want.
    It was clear from the first start what good intentions are meant with this thread.

7. xam

xam Registered Member

Web site is back

Cool.The web site is back.

http://www.a-2.org/en/

The forums work too.

8. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

Re:Web site is back

Yes, Christian put it back online and prepared the first pages etc. . The board layout has a few issues cause of a board update. But this has a really low priority. Its fixed after the rest is done. Only the quotes are messed up a little bit. But its ok I guess.

9. discogail

discogail Security Expert

Yay......doc' :D

10. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Andreas Haak, good news!

11. Khaine

Khaine Registered Member

[Mr. Burns voice]Excellant [/Mr. Burns voice]

I can't wait to try this out :)

12. xam

xam Registered Member

It would be nice if you could give us all an update on the project too. I think the question on everyones lips is "when can we download the program?"

13. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Thanks for the info xam. you just earned yourself a cookie. Been looking for this for a long time. :D

Yes indeed. We all are eagerly awaiting the premier of a²!!! :D :D :D

14. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

No actually the question on some of our lips is what happened to the copy that you said you received in the mail?

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9623;start=90
    xam

Re:a²
    « Reply #102 on: September 20, 2003, 04:28:47 PM »    
    Well I eventually received a copy via email, and it's working well. I'm sure you'll all love it when you get your own copy.

15. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    hmmmm... thats a interesting question

16. gunnarj

gunnarj Registered Member

Would also like a review from Xam about his/her advanced copy.

Care to share a few words with us, Xam?

gj

17. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I think I'll give up on the whole thing............difficult to understand how this situation hasn't evolved. :mad:

18. wizardavc

wizardavc Registered Member

Actually, I think Andreas is a pretty smart guy and will probably end up making as an effective program in trojan detection as TDS yet be significantly easier to use. { Removed comments about DCS for being off-topic and bashing - LWM }

WizardAVC

19. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

wizardavc,

This thread isn't about whether DCS and/or their products are good or bad... It's about A2 and Gladiator. Please stay on topic.

20. srfox

srfox Registered Member

Well, I'm waiting with anticipating breath, meantime I'm trying Trojan Hunter and others. Hope it's ready soon.
    Might buy BOClean as the scanner. Still trying to figure out best configuration for worms and Trojans. Tauscan ran too slowly on my system. TDS was fine.

21. srfox

srfox Registered Member

I don't know why everyone is so impatient. Do you have any idea what it takes to create an application, test it, document it and test some more. It takes hundreds of lines of code to create a program and even though I'm not a programmer, I understand the process as I used to put programmers to work. I do documentation now and I know what that takes. Come on guys, lay off. We'll be getting a free version when it's ready. What's the beef??

22. Der

Der Guest

A version is already out another version is due out Saturday.

23. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I'm also anxiously awaiting a², and being patient about it. I can't understand those of you that are acting like a bunch of immature kindergarteners constantly bashing Michael and Andreas. If you all don't want or like, a², fine, but don't bring this board down for the rest of us that come here to learn. Sure things have happened that have delayed a², but things happen to everybody. If nothing has ever happen to you to interfere with something you were trying to do, then consider yourselves lucky. But for the 99.9999999999% of the rest of us, we've learned how to deal with our own minor problems without having to get everyone else involved as a way to get attention. Please cry :'( in the privacy of your own soup. Don't bring it to this forum. I for 1, don't come here to read things like this.

24. Der

Der Guest

I apologize, I miss took the post as a put down This to me is a put down (How the mighty have fallen!) I didn't read any further and posted something stupid, please remove that stupid post by me.

Again I am sorry I will read entire posts in the future before commenting.

Der

25. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Will do Der. [​IMG]

We'll just chalk it up to the way misunderstandings happen here on the web. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.